Coronavirus Council Tax Information
If your household income has been reduced by the effects of COVID-19: Whilst the Government has not reduced the amount of council tax payable it has introduced numerous schemes to assist households with a reduced income due to the virus,
- Please see our COVID-19 benefits link to see if you are eligible for any help.
- For those customers who pay by direct debit and do not have sufficient income to honour the payments, please contact your bank and cancel the instruction. This will prevent you from incurring bank charges.
- The Council has suspended recovery action and at the present time and are not currently pursing customers who are unable to pay.
- You maybe entitled to Council Tax Reduction if you have savings of less than £6,000 and your weekly income is less than £375.00. For further details on our please see Arun’s scheme.
- Should you wish to discuss the matter, you can call the Revenues Section on 01903 737752.