Joint Action Group (JAG)
The overall aim of the Joint Action Group (JAG) is to create stronger resilient communities and to improve public confidence by bringing together a wide section of agencies and community groups to work together in identifying community based problems and reduce local crime and disorder.
A co-ordinated multi agency approach is needed to:-
- Share cross agency intelligence
- Analyse and deliver proactive initiatives around seasonal crime trends (Halloween, and school holidays)
- To identify emerging community concerns, problem behaviour, and hotspot locations
- Reduce the harmful impact of drugs, serious & organised crime, and exploitation in local communities
- Provide feedback to affected communities on agreed JAG action plans
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of joint initiatives
JAG is co-chaired by Arun District Council (Community Safety team) and Sussex Police (Neighbourhood Policing). Other key members include:-
- West Sussex County Council
- West Sussex Fire & Rescue Service
- Local Business Groups such as Federation of Small Business, town centre managers, and business wardens
- Bognor Town Council
- Littlehampton Town Council
- Arundel Town Council
- Voluntary community groups
- Youth Services
- Various other local community groups will be invited to meetings where a direct local connection is identified.
JAG members and community organisations ONLY can report persistent and widespread disorder within local areas by clicking on the following link and completing the Community Concern Reporting Form. Please note this form should not be filled in by individuals and is for agency use only.