Clinical waste (which includes medical dressings/waste or incontinence waste) or sharps or needles should NOT be put in with the normal rubbish. To arrange a freecollection of clinical waste or sharps please contact:
Arun Direct 01903 737754 or email@example.com
Collection of Clinical Waste
- For the first week, put the waste in a tied black sack and attach a note to say that it contains clinical waste.
- Leave the bag outside on the front door step, or if you live in a flat leave the bag in the bin store, by 7am on the collection day. Make sure it is visible. It may be later in the day when it is actually collected.
- A yellow bag will be left by the collectors for the following week’s clinical waste.
It is important the bag is not overfilled and is tied or it may not be collected. If the bag is not out when the collectors arrive then the waste will not be collected until the following week.
Please do not put needles or sharp objects in the yellow plastic bag. You will need to request a sharps box for these.
If you will not need a collection for a few weeks, please tell the collector or Arun Direct on 01903 737754. Failure to do so may result in the collection being cancelled.
Needles and other sharps should not be put in the rubbish bin. Instead they should be contained and collected in a special box. To request a sharps box please contact: Arun Direct on 01903 737754 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Collection of the Sharps Box
- A sharps box will be delivered to your home after you contact us.
- When the box is getting full, contact Arun Direct on 01903 737754 to request that the box is exchanged. You will be given a day when the collection will be made. Please tell us where you will leave the box for collection.
- Seal the box by pressing the access flaps into a fixed position, and then put it out in a safe place by 7am on the collection day.
- The box will be collected and a replacement one left in its place.