Developers requiring addresses for new properties must contact the NLPG Team at Arun District Council as soon as they commence work on site. You will be required to provide:
- A plan showing layout, plot numbers and property points of access. For blocks of flats, the layout of each floor must be shown including plot numbers.
- The plan must be provided in electronic format (DWG, DXF or PDF) plus one paper copy.
- A list of suggested street names (if any). Developers should refer to the Street Naming and Numbering Policy before submitting their suggested list.
Please Note: The Council will, if requested, research suitable street names for a development.
What we will do:
- Consult with the Ambulance Service, Fire and Rescue Service and the relevant Town or Parish Council regarding the proposed street names or changes to existing streets. Residents will also be consulted on changes to existing names.
- Ask the Post Office to allocate postcodes for all properties in question.
- Once street names and postcodes have been agreed, the Council will inform the Developer and various statutory bodies such as Royal Mail, utility companies, West Sussex County Council, mapping companies and various Council departments.