If your rubbish or recycling bin has not been collected by 5pm on your day of collection you need to report it to Arun District Council within 48 hours of the scheduled collection.
To report a missed collection contact go to our web site reporting form Report it or phone Arun Direct 01903 737754
If your rubbish or recycling bin was not collected for a particular reason then a note will be put through your door or a hanger left on your recycling bin explaining why. Your rubbish or recycling may not be collected for the following reasons:
- Rubbish or recycling bin was not accessible.
- Access was blocked or gate was locked.
- Rubbish or recycling was not reasonably contained in a bin or sack.
- The recycling bin contained items which cannot be recycled.
- Garden waste was found in the rubbish bin. Garden waste should not be put in your rubbish. It can be taken to the Household Waste Recycling Centres or garden waste can be collected from your home fortnightly for a charge through the Green Waste Club Green Waste Club
- More than 5 sacks of rubbish were put out for collection. Additional sacks will be left. You can take these to the Household Waste Recycling Centres if you wish.
If your rubbish or recycling has not been collected for one of the above reasons please take it in until your next collection.
If your recycling bin contained items that cannot be recycled please remove these and put the recycling bin out on your next collection.