A new planning system is giving local communities the opportunity to get involved in deciding where development in their local area should go. Arun District Council is committed to making sure that all communities get involved in planning for their locality where ever possible.
Arun has set up this Neighbourhood Plan webpage to keep local communities informed on progress with plans to date. This webpage will also provide external links to websites we think you may find useful, and internal links from within Arun District Council's website to areas you may find useful.
Click here to access Parish and Town Council websites.
Keep an eye on this section which will provide regular updates on where each Parish or Town Council is at in terms of planning for their local area.
Update - 03.09.2013.
Please be advised that Ford Parish Council has applied to Arun District Council Local Planning Authority Area (LPAA) for designation of Neighbourhood Area under Part 2 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012.
The designation of a neighbourhood area is the first formal stage in preparing a Neighbourhood Development Plan. This means that the Parish Council is proposing to produce a Neighbourhood Development Plan for the proposed area. The government’s Localism Act has introduced a new type of community-led initiative known as a Neighbourhood Development Plan which set out policies on the development and use of land in the proposed area. Parish and Town Councils are able to continue work on their neighbourhood plan while the proposed geography of the neighbourhood area is being determined.
We envisage a low quantity of comments on this consultation because comments/representations should only consider whether the neighbourhood area is appropriate to be designated. In Arun because we are parished all the neighbourhood areas follow their representative parish boundaries.
All comments must be received by 14th November 2013 (by 5pm) and can be made by:
email to: email@example.com
online at: http://arun.objective.co.uk/portal and www.arun.gov.uk/NAD
by post to: Planning Policy and Conservation
Arun District Council
Arun Civic Centre
Please note: Parishes can continue working on their plans whilst the area designation takes place and both of these groups are progressing their plans at the moment.
2. Question and Answers with Neighbourhood Development Plan Representatives at Barnham Community Facility
- Local Plan - what next? When can we expect the 2nd consultation and the final draft?
- How do NP’s fit with the Local Plan, given that many of the NP’s will be complete or in an advanced stage before the Local Plan is adopted?
- Can we expect new housing figures and if so when and how will this fit with emerging NP’s given that they are all based upon existing figures?
- Given that the legislation states that NP’s have to be with the LPA for a six week consultation period after the parishes have done their 6 week consultation, what will happen at ADC during that period?
- What will the process for ADC and the Parish Councils jointly agreeing the independent examiner?
- What decision has been made about the date of and financing of the Referendums.
- We were advised in July 2012 that the Draft Local Plan could be used as a material consideration when determining planning applications. Is this statement correct?
- What is ADC’s current 5 year supply position?
- When does the Local Plan period start and can you confirm that all dwellings completed after the start date of the Local Plan will contribute towards the overall housing requirement and the housing figures for the individual parishes?
- Some parishes are having real difficulty getting hold of GIS data to inform their plans. Why is this so and how can it be made easier, like it is in most other authorities?
- I have looked at your current list of questions and am surprised to see that there is no mention of a key question concerning the need for more traffic impact studies in respect of Clymping and the other 5 villages.
- Additional questions and information from NDP officer.
Arun District Council response: Question & Answers - 26th September 2013 Meeting [pdf] 461KB
Please click the following link to return to the Policy & Conservation page