The LABC Partner Authority Scheme (
The scheme enables a company or adviser to have a one-to-one working relationship with a preferred local authority, such as Arun District Council, for advice and plan appraisal. The site inspections are carried out by the local authority where each project is carried out.
There are a number of benefits to this scheme including:
- This scheme helps to simplify and speed up the building process generating substantial savings in time and money.
- A dedicated professional building control surveyor from the preferred local authority becomes part of the design team to offer advice on all projects no matter where they are in the country.
- The design team approach ensures that any issues can be resolved early in the design process and will eliminate the need for expensive corrections later in the construction phase.
- The single point of contact provided through this scheme results in a consistent approach to plan appraisal.
- Any local conditions, site specific information and necessary consultations are investigated on behalf of the client.
In summary, the client benefits from a single point of contact, consistent approach, improved pre-application service and still benefits from local knowledge, excellent liaison with other services such as Fire, Police and Environmental Health.
There are no costs involved in registering with this scheme so it is the best value way to get consistent building control feedback and approval on a national basis with fast local inspection.
If you are interested in joining Arun District Council as a Partner then please contact Jim Henn(Head of Building Control) firstname.lastname@example.org or Andrew Gayler(Senior Building Control Surveyor) email@example.com