- Scoping Report: provides a profile of the geographic area that the relevant plan relates to highlighting key assets and issues relevant to the area. Consultation occurs with the 3 statutory agencies for a period of 5 weeks.
- Initial Report: an initial appraisal of the issues; development and refinement of the options; public consultation on the initial report (in parallel with consultation on the issues and options of the Development Plan Document).
- Interim Report: this appraises the emerging policies in terms of the economic, social and environmental impacts that might be expected. (consultation is parallel to the first Draft of the Development Plan Document)
- Final Report: appraisal of the effects of the preferred option for the Development Plan Document; public consultation on the final report (in parallel with consultation on the preferred option for the Development Plan Document).
- Final Report revised (if necessary): appraisal of the submitted Development Plan Document following any revisions to the preferred option. Public consultation on the submitted Development Plan Document may have implications for the final Sustainability Appraisal report.
- Post Adoption Statement: any changes that may be required as a result of the examination in public of the Development Plan Document.
Sustainability Commentary (Initial Report)
A PDF version of the Sustainability Appraisal that appraised the first Arun Draft Local Plan (2013 - 2028) can be downloaded using the following link:Sustainability Appraisal of Local Plan [pdf] 2MB. The Technical Appendices that considers all the sustainability sub-objectives in the framework is available here: Full Technical Appendices to Sustainability Appraisal of Local Plan [pdf] 974KB.
Please click the following link to return to the Planning and Building Control home page