Dispensations are only available to commercial/workshop vehicles of tradespeople under certain conditions. The applicant must be carrying out works requiring the use of tools and equipment that cannot easily be removed from the vehicle; or the vehicle itself must be needed in order to carry out a function.
Dispensation notices must be applied for in person at either the Civic Centre or Bognor Regis Town Hall, at least 24 hours in advance. You will need to know the make, model and registration number of the vehicle, and the location and duration of the works.
The dispensation is available at the prices shown below. We would prefer to take card payments if possible, as cash payments would have to be made elsewhere and proof of the payment should be provided before the dispensation can be issued. We cannot accept cheques for this service.
|Outside the Controlled Parking Zone in Bognor Regis||£5.00||£25.00|
|Permit bays within Controlled Parking Zone||£10.00||£50.00|
|Pay & Display bays in Bognor Regis Town Centre||£14.00||£70.00|
|Pay & Display bays in The Esplanade in Bognor Regis||£15.00||£75.00|
|Pay & Display bays in Marine Drive West in Bognor Regis (April - September only)||£13.00||£65.00|
Full conditions of the dispensations are as follows:
- Dispensations are not for use on double yellow lines with kerb markings indicating no parking at any time or, no waiting areas such as taxi ranks, disabled bays or loading bays.
- The dispensation must be clearly displayed in the front windscreen of the authorised vehicle at all times when the vehicle is parked in the area stated.
- The dispensation must display the full address of the location of work.
- The nearest available on-street limited waiting bay or single yellow line to the location of the property should be used.
- The dispensation may not be used by any other vehicle other than that specified.
- The vehicle must be frequently accessed throughout the working day.
- The parking vehicle must not cause a danger or obstruction to other road users or pedestrians.
- Photocopies will not be valid. Alterations to be made by Arun District Council only.
- The dispensation is not valid after the expiry date.
- The dispensation must be surrendered to any Civil Enforcement Officer or Police Officer who requests it.
If your vehicle does not fit the criteria, dispensations will not be issued and alternative arrangements must be made. Dispensations will only be granted in exceptional circumstances.