Arun Homes for Ukraine Small Grants Fund 2022
The Arun Homes for Ukraine Small Grants Fund is aimed at community and voluntary sector organisations delivering initiatives that are supporting the guests and hosts of the Homes for Ukraine scheme. Grants of up to £1000 are available.
Initiatives and projects should be around support for guests to settle into the local community, language, learning and cultural initiatives, events to reduce social isolation or wellbeing activities. For full details please see the guidance notes below.
To request an application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Round 2 of the Small Grants Fund will be announced shortly.
Guidance notes for applying for funding
- Organisations applying should be based in the Arun District and/or serving its residents
- Organisations applying must be properly constituted and operate on a not-for-profit basis, with a bank account that requires at least two unrelated authorised signatories.
- Some practitioners involved within projects may be asked to evidence their professional qualification and DBS status
- Projects should accord with the priorities (see below)
- Projects or activities applied for must provide demonstrable outcomes that will directly benefit the target audience
- The maximum amount that can be applied for is £1000 per project or activity
- Priority will be given to organisations applying who have an annual income no greater than £25,000
- Grants cannot be made retrospectively or for goods or services that you purchase or order before you hear the panel’s decision
- Applications for funding of running costs and projects that are part of an organisation’s normal ongoing activities or activities that have been held previously and been subject to budget cuts will only be considered in exceptional circumstances
- Applications for a project benefiting only an individual do not qualify
How to apply
- Please email email@example.com to request an application form.
- Please complete all sections of the application form. Electronic submissions preferred but handwritten applications will be accepted if necessary.
- Please send the completed form, by email, if possible, to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If email submission is not possible, the completed form should be posted to Julie Hoggatt, Economic Regeneration Officer re Small Grants, Arun District Council, Civic Centre, Maltravers Road, Littlehampton, West Sussex BN17 5LF. You may hand deliver the form using the external letter boxes at either the Civic Centre in Maltravers Road, Littlehampton, or to the Town Hall, Clarence Road, Bognor Regis, ensuring that you clearly mark the cover for the attention of Julie Hoggatt – Economic Regeneration Officer. Please note the reception staff are unable to accept mail.
- Organisations can contact Voluntary Action Arun and Chichester (VAAC) for support with completing the application form – 01243 840305 / email@example.com
- Please do not include any other documents with your submission as they will not be considered by the Panel.
- If the panel wishes to have sight of any of the documentation listed in Question 19 you will receive a separate request regarding this.
- The closing date for completed applications is Friday 30 September 2022
How your application will be considered
- Submissions will be assessed by a funding panel delegated to make decisions on behalf of the Arun Homes for Ukraine project.
- We anticipate that there will be more applications than there is funding available, and a strict scoring system will be used to make decisions. Some applicants may not receive any funding; in some cases, funding may be awarded at a lower level than the submission. Feedback will be available to unsuccessful bidders if requested.
- Recommendations for funding will have to be ratified by the Group Head of Community Wellbeing.
- Successful applicants must spend the grant in the financial year it was awarded or repay the grant
- Successful applicants must complete an end of project feedback form
- Arun District Council must be notified and invited to contribute to any publicity or promotion of the project or activity, and Arun District Council must be mentioned as a funder in all such publicity. Please email Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org for further advice.
- Arun District Council reserves the right to publicise all grants awarded on behalf of the Arun Homes for Ukraine Small Grants.
- The decision of the awarding panel is final and there is no right to appeal.
Arun Homes for Ukraine Partnership Priorities
- Provision of support for guests to settle into the local community, language, learning and cultural initiatives.
- Provision of regular and appropriate community based social activities and events to reduce social isolation.
- Targeted and language appropriate wellbeing activities and support.
- Supporting community organisations to obtain additional resources to promote and deliver Arun Homes for Ukraine projects/initiatives.