Calling all our green fingered gardeners
We are running a garden competition to celebrate and recognise residents who take pride in their outside spaces. Whatever size or style of your garden, everyone is invited to enter.
- For each category there will be two winners
- First place will win a £50 garden centre voucher
- Second place will win a £30 garden centre voucher
- Communal category - plants will be donated to the community garden to the value of the voucher prize
- Best garden – open to all gardens of any size
- Containers, pots and baskets – only got a small space to work with? Then this is the perfect category to showcase your containers, pots and hanging baskets on a patio, balcony or similar area
- Young gardener – open to all young people aged 18 and under
- Communal or community garden – open to residents who have worked together to create and maintain a community garden or area of communal grounds
How to enter
- Decide which category you would like to enter
- Take photographs of your garden or outside space (no more than six)
- Send us your category choice, photographs and full name, address, and telephone number
You can enter the competition by emailing your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you would like to enter but are not able to take photographs or email your entry, please call us on 01903 737656 and we may be able to help you.
Closing date for all entries is 31 August 2022 and the winners will be announced in September 2022.
- Entrants must be Arun District Council tenants or leaseholders
- The judge’s decision is final
- The closing dates and times for entries are as indicated in the competition information. Any entries received after the closing date of the competition will be invalid and will not be entered in the competition.
- The prize is as stated, and no alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable.
- There is no minimum age limit unless specified otherwise in the competition information. However, entrants under the age of 18 must provide contact details of a parent or guardian when entering.
- The winner agrees to the use of their name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry. Any personal data relating to the winner, or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current (UK) data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- The winner will be notified by email and/or letter.
- Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
A downloadable PDF of this information is available here: Garden competition 2022.pdf [pdf] 864KB