Green Dog Walkers Scheme
We are happy to be supporting the Green Dog Walkers scheme, which is a national scheme adopted by over 40 local authorities. The scheme is a positive way to promote cleaning up after your dog, and help to change attitudes. By volunteering to become a Green Dog Walker you can join other local residents to help keep our streets clean.
Green Dog Walkers sign a pledge to help promote responsible dog ownership, and are happy to be approached by other dog walkers, helping out by sharing a bag if needed, and answering any questions. When you sign up to the scheme you receive a badge to wear on your coat or your dog's lead, a leaflet, and a car sticker.
Green Dog Walkers agree to the following:
1. I will wear the badge as often as possible when walking my dog.
2. I will clean up after my dog and dispose of the bag responsibly.
3. When others walk my dog I will encourage them to clean up after my dog.
4. I understand that wearing the badge indicates that I carry extra doggie bags to distribute if requested.
5. I will always be friendly and courteous when talking to dog walkers about dog fouling. I fully understand that Green Dog Walkers is intended to be a non-confrontational and friendly campaign to change attitudes about dog fouling.
6. I will always have my dog near to me or within easy recall and be aware of the wildlife. Where there is livestock, I will keep my dog on a lead.
7. I will always follow advice on local signs to reduce disturbance to plants, animals and children.
How do I sign up?
To learn more about the scheme, or to become a Green Dog Walker, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 01903 737754.