Celebrate the Royal Wedding with a street party


bunting Are you looking to hold a street party to celebrate the big day? If so, Arun District Council can help!

Anyone wishing to host an event will need to make an application to us up to six weeks in advance of the street party.

Just visit All you need is a simple map of the road you wish to use for your event. No fees will be charged for applications to hold a street party or for temporary road closures.

If your party is private and for residents only, you do not need Public Liability Insurance or a formal Risk Assessment (although it is good sense to consider any likely possible risks connected to your street party and make appropriate provision). If you intend to sell alcohol and/or food at your event you will need to apply to Arun District Council for the relevant licenses.


Larger groups and organisations wishing to hold public events should contact the Arun Events team for more information at, or call 01903 737920.

Philippa Dart, Director of Services at Arun District Council, said: “The Royal Wedding will be one of the highlights of the year and we expect that many of our residents will be looking to host a street party to celebrate the occasion with their community.

“We want to enable Arun residents to join together to wish the royal couple well on this special occasion so please be sure to get your application to hold a street party to us in plenty of time.”

The deadline for applications is 6 April 2018.