Arun District Council has launched a public consultation to gather opinion on the provision of accommodation suitable for older people and people with disabilities.
The document can be found on the council website at http://arun.objective.co.uk/portal and is being consulted on from 23 May until 5.00pm on 20 June 2019
They key points to consider are:
- Arun District has a higher proportion of residents in the over 55 age category compared to the national picture, this trend is expected to continue
- At present only 7% of housing stock nationally is suitable
- As an authority we wish to increase the amount coming through as a proportion of the housing stock
- This aims to implement policies of the 2018 Arun Local Plan
- The document is to be considered in the determination of planning applications.
To respond to the consultation, you can view the document online and submit comments through the Planning Policy consultation portal using the links under the relevant heading on https://www.arun.gov.uk/supplementary-planning-guidance .