We currently have a Principle Structural Engineer, an Engineering Assistant and a part time Structural Engineer who together cover the following work areas:
- Assess structural elements of applications made to Building Control, we also work in Partnership with Horsham District Council and Adur & Worthing Councils, undertaking some of their structural calculation checking.
- Undertake surveys of Dangerous Structures when specialist advice is requested from Building Control.
- Carry out general surveys for Housing.
- Provide structural designs for changes and repairs to Arun housing stock.
- Assess private sector rental property structural issues for Environmental Health.
- Undertake routine asset surveys of car parks and bus shelters.
- Undertake operational inspections of play areas.
- Survey and assess the condition of Littlehampton Harbour Board assets on request.
- Assist with asset management and provide CAD drawings to Property and Estates, Housing and Greenspace.
- Provide comments on specific planning applications.