Accident reporting and RIDDOR

Responsibilities to report accidents

RIDDOR is the Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences Regulations 2013.

You can only submit reports under RIDDOR if you are an employer, self-employed or a person in control of work premises.

If you are an employee, representative of an employee or a member of the public who wishes to make a report about an incident, find out more on the HSE website.

For full information on RIDDOR and how it applies to you read the HSE’s guide to RIDDOR.

You can make a report online at HSE using the below button.

Make an online report

We’re responsible for the following types of premises:

  • offices
  • shops
  • hotels
  • restaurants
  • leisure premises (not fairgrounds or circuses)
  • nurseries and playgroups
  • pubs and club
  • places of worship
  • sheltered accommodation including care home

If you have any concerns, issues or want to ask for advice about Health and Safety or accidents at work at any of the above premises you’ll need to register on our online portal.

You’ll need to include your contact details, the address of the premises and a brief description of the complaint or issue you’d like us to look at.

After selecting the button below you’ll need to:

  1. Create an account if you do not already have one.
  2. Select requests.
  3. Select apply for a licence.
  4. Select submit a request complaint.
  5. Choose Health and Safety – Health and Safety at work in the request subject.
  6. Follow the onscreen instructions.

Report a concern or request advice