Business Support During Coronavirus
The Portal is now open for Round 5 Discretionary Grants and Restart Grants. Restart Grants will close on 30th June 2021.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions can be found here. Please read through these before contacting us as most answers can be found within this page.
On this page:
We understand this is a very challenging time for Arun’s shops and businesses, but financial assistance may be available to help.
Further information from HMT: HMT support packages Jan 21docx.pdf [pdf] 99KB
- Grants: Find coronavirus financial support for your business
- Retail, hospitality and leisure businesses may be eligible for business rates relief
- Claim back coronavirus related statutory sick pay paid to an employee
- Find out how to pay a debt to HMRC with a time to pay arrangement
- Coronavirus support for business from outside government
- Community Foundations and other organisations have launched funding programmes
Click the button and answer a few questions to see what help may be available to you.
Business Support during Coronavirus
Grants Currently Available (Guidance)
Awarding guidelines for West Sussex’s Boroughs & Districts discretionary schemes: Additional Restrictions Grants & Discretionary Restart Grants docx [docx] 56KB
The portal will open for Round 5 Discretionary & Discretionary Restart Grants in early April and will close on 30th June 2021.
Open for applications - I have tested positive for coronavirus or have come into contact with someone who’s tested positive for coronavirus
You might be able to get a payment of £500 if you need to self-isolate because of coronavirus (COVID-19) and you cannot work from home.
Local Restrictions Support Grant Second Payment Cycle – 16th February – 31st March.
The new domestic subsidy allowance for the COVID-19 business support grants took effect on 4 March 2021. Applications made prior to that date are subject to the previous rules. If you are now eligible due to the new subsidy allowances and would like to apply for the payment cycle for the period 16/02/21 – 31/03/21, we will be processing those applications separately under the scheme named National - Local Restrictions Support Grant (Second Payment Cycle) 16/02/21 - 31/03/21 Closing date for applications is 31st May 2021.
Restart Grants are now available, please check your eligibility before applying. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/check-if-youre-eligible-for-a-coronavirus-restart-grant
How to apply
We strongly advise you to read through full eligibility criteria prior to applying. Failure to do so may mean you have applied for the wrong grant causing an avoidable delay to any financial assistance you may later be approved for. If you have premises you will need your Property Reference Number to apply.
Business Support during Coronavirus 3
Timings and process for awarding grants
- Arun DC Revenues team will check applications (in collaboration with the Economic Development and the Communities Team) for eligibility and evaluate applications then shortlist businesses recommended for a grant
- Arun DC Revenues team will carry out due diligence checks on the shortlisted applicants
- Delegated named officers will make the grant awards. The Council will email them the outcome, either with a remittance advice or by email advising of the outcome
- Subject to the above, Arun DC Finance team will then process grant payments to successful applicants
- The Council will process payments to successful applicants as quickly as possible.
What help is available to me?
Use the Business Support Finder Tool to easily identify grants and other government assistance that may be available for your individual circumstances (subject to eligibility criteria)
How do I know which one to apply for?
Download An Applicant's Guide to Grants updated 5 Jan 21.pdf [pdf] 119KB or use the Business Support Finder Tool to easily identify help for your individual circumstances
What are the closing dates?
Self-Employment Income Support Scheme – 29 Jan 2021
Christmas Support Payments – 31 Jan 2021
LRSG (Closed) Addendum 5/11-2/12/20 - Closing date 31 March 2021
LRSG (Closed) 2/12-25/12/20 (– Tier 2) - Closing date 31 March 2021
LRSG (Closed) Addendum 26/12/20-4/1/21 (- Tier 4) - Closing date 31 March 2021
Closed Business Lockdown Payment (5/1-16/2/21) - Closing date 31 March 2021
LRSG (Closed) Addendum: 5 January Onwards - 42 days 5/1-15/2/21 - Closing date 31 March 2021
What information is needed to apply?
You will need to provide details of your rent and business costs, bank statements, a form of ID – depending on which grant you apply for. If you have premises you may also need your Property Reference Number
How do I apply?
You should apply for all grants using our online portal.
Why is there an error with my Property Reference Number?
This could be for a few reasons. You will need to contact our Revenues & Benefits team to resolve and further your application on 01903 737500
When will I be paid?
If your application is approved, you should receive your payment within 14 days. Grants are paid each Monday and are usually in bank accounts by the following Friday
Why wasn’t my application approved?
This could be because you didn’t meet the eligibility criteria, or you didn’t pass checks
What should I do if I’m not eligible for any government help?
Help is being offered by charities and other organisations:
- Coronavirus Bounce Back Loan: Government guaranteed loans are available until 31 March 2021 for small and medium-sized businesses to borrow up to £50,000
- Coronavirus Business Interruption Loan Scheme: Small and medium-sized businesses can access loans and other kinds of finance up to £5 million
Is there a limit on the number of grants I can receive?
No but Additional Restrictions Grants (discretionary) are not being paid to businesses that qualify for other grant support. This is because we have a limited amount of funding and a high number of applications from businesses whose only means of grant support is the Additional Restrictions Grant
I’m working but my income has dropped because of coronavirus restrictions; is there any help available to compensate my loss?
You may be eligible for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
I’ve only just started my business and currently have reduced or no income, what help is available?
You might be eligible for an Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG)
I’ve had to self-isolate because I tested positive for coronavirus, or because you were told to by NHS Test and Trace or the NHS COVID-19 app and not able to work, is any help available?
Check to see if you’re eligible for a £500 payment, apply using our online portal
Do I need to stop working/cease trading?
Check government guidance: Closing certain businesses and venues in England
I can’t find the answer above
Please get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to provide any advice and support you need.
Government guaranteed loans are available until 31 March 2021 for small and medium-sized businesses to borrow up to £50,000.
Small and medium-sized businesses can access loans and other kinds of finance up to £5 million.
The Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme has been extended until 30 September 2021. Claim for wages through the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme
- Read Government Guidance on National Lockdown Restrictions
- Download National Lockdown poster [pdf]
- Download and use the NHS Covid-19 app
- Making your workplace and business Covid-secure
- Decontamination advice for businesses
- Download and print the government’s coronavirus posters to display in the workplace