The best businesses in Arun were given an early Christmas present when they were honoured at a spectacular awards ceremony by their peers.
More than 230 guests gathered to hear business success stories and celebrate just a fraction of the amazing achievements of local companies at the Arun Business Partnership Awards 2016.
Each of the 18 categories are sponsored by local companies and representatives of those businesses form the judging panel – so winning one of these awards was no easy feat.
Every category was keenly contested with Ford-based Gusto Wines being awarded the Overall Business of the Year, sponsored by A J S Labels.
Councillor Jacky Pendleton, Vice Chairman of Arun District Council, said: “It was a great privilege to be present at this celebration of the success of large and small businesses from across the Arun district.
“The hard work and dedication of these businesses is really inspiring and demonstrates the entrepreneurial spirit is flourishing in Arun. I would encourage business owners to consider taking part in the awards next year.”
“I would like to thank Butlin’s for providing such a splendid venue for this year’s awards.”
Other awards went to:
- Bay Tree Estates won Business of the Year (up to 5 employees) sponsored by ISS Facilities Landscaping.
- The Boat House Cafe won Business of the Year (6-10 employees) sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses.
- Woods Travel won Business of the Year (over 10 employees) sponsored by Spofforths.
- Tonsorial Parlour won New Business of the Year sponsored by Gusto Wines.
- Pro Coaching Football Academy won Business in Education Award sponsored by the University of Chichester.
- Regis Gymnastics won Business in the Community Award sponsored by Parker Kittiwake.
- Pink’s Vintage won Business Marketing and Promotion Award sponsored by NL Autos.
- Bah Humbug Sweets won Green Business of the Year Award sponsored by the Aldingbourne Trust.
- Regis Removals won the Customer Care Award sponsored by Bay Tree Estates.
- The Aldingbourne Trust won the Training and Development Award sponsored by L Guess Jewellers.
- Gusto Wines won Website of the Year award sponsored by BNBR – Business Networking Bognor Regis.
- Enable Me won the Disability Awareness Award sponsored by F A Holland & Son.
- Arundel Wetlands Centre won Sussex by the Sea Tourism Award sponsored by Woods Travel.
- Aldingbourne Trust won Wellbeing in the Workplace Award sponsored by Arun Wellbeing.
- Joe Harris from Luv Carpets won Employee of the Year Award sponsored by the Littlehampton Academy.
- Jack Keywood from Luv Carpets won Business Person of the Year sponsored by Gusto Wines.
- Courteney Walters from Regis Removals won The Robert Warham Award for Young Entrepreneur of the Year sponsored by the Best Western Beachcroft Hotel.
The Arun Business Partnership was set up more than 20 years ago to encourage local companies to work together.
It is run by a steering group of local business people and is supported by Arun District Council.
For more information about the Arun Business Partnership please contact Miriam Nicholls, Arun District Council’s Business Development Manager, on 01903 737845 or Miriam.Nicholls@arun.gov.uk.