Planning permission appeals
You can make an appeal if you feel that your planning application:
- has been unreasonably refused
- has had conditions added which you disagree with
- has not been decided within the timescale indicated on your planning application acknowledgement letter
It is also possible to appeal against other planning decisions – see other types of appeal on the Planning Portal.
Only applicants or their appointed agents can appeal a decision.
Before you appeal a planning decision, make sure you have read the officer’s report setting out the background and reasons for the decision. If you need further clarification, speak to your planning officer.
How to appeal
Current planning application and enforcement appeals
You can view and comment on current appeals by using the search and instructions below.
How to comment on a planning appeal
If you wish to comment on a planning appeal you can do so by:
- Searching above by the planning application number.
- Go to View Documents.
- Go to Appeal – Arun Docs.
- Find the Example of Appeal Notification Letter which will give you the details of how to make a comment.