Selecting a tree surgeon

A tree surgeon (also known as an arboriculturist, arborist or arboricultural contractor) can give you expert advice and carry out tree work for a fee.

Before any work is carried out on a tree you must check if the tree is protected. You may be prosecuted for working on or removing protected trees without permission.

Before selecting a tree surgeon we strongly recommend that you look at the Arboricultural Association website as they provide:

Once you have selected your tree surgeon make sure you have their quote in writing before they start any work.