Yapton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum - 12 September 2023
A neighbourhood planning referendum will be held for the Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011-2031 on 12 September 2023. The question asked in the referendum will be:
“Do you want Arun District Council to use the Neighbourhood Plan for Yapton to help it decide planning applications in the neighbourhood area?”
The referendum area is the area identified on the map below as the parish area of Yapton Parish Council plus the extended referendum area as recommended by the Independent Examiner includes the properties in the following parts of Ford Parish:
- Fordwater Gardens;
- Drake Grove;
- Johnson Way/ Miles Close/ Junction Close/ Douglas Close;
- Beagle Drive/ Wilson Court/ Wills Close/ Lewis Lane;
- 2-54 (Evens only) Abbots Field;
- 1-19 Northwood View;
- The Cinders Lane Nursey site;
- Land off Burndell Road; and
- the residential properties on either side of Blundell Road between the boundary of Yapton and Ford parishes and Fordwater Gardens.
(select image for a larger version)
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if they are registered as a local government elector within the referendum area.
A person is entitled to vote in the referendum if on 12 September 2023 if:
- he or she is entitled to vote in a local government election in the referendum area; and
- his or her qualifying address for the election is in the referendum area. A persons qualifying address is, in relation to a person registered in the register of electors, the address in respect of which he or she is entitled to be registered.
The referendum expenses limit that will apply in relation to the referendum is £2,612.04 The number of persons entitled to vote in the referendum by reference to which the limit has been calculated is 4238.
The referendum will be conducted in accordance with procedures which are similar to those used at local government elections.
The specified documents are the:
- Yapton Neighbourhood Development Plan 2011-2031
- Report of the Independent Examiner
- Summary of the representations submitted to the Independent Examiner
- Statement by the Local Planning Authority that the draft plan meets the basic conditions (Decision statement)
- Statement that sets out general information as to town and country planning including neighbourhood planning and the referendum (Information for voters)
These documents can be viewed at:
- Yapton neighbourhood development plan 2 | Arun District Council
- Arun Civic Centre, Maltravers Road, Littlehampton, BN17 5LF between the hours of 8.45am to 5.15pm Monday to Thursday; and 8.45am to 4.45pm on Friday
Published on: 2 August 2023
Arun District Council
Arun Civic Centre