Changes to a council tenancy

It is very important that you keep us informed of any changes that could affect your tenancy.

Your tenancy agreement is a legal contract which contains all of your rights and responsibilities.

How to report a change

To report any changes to us, please let us know by completing our online change of circumstances form.

A change could be:

  • a change of name
  • a partner moving in or out
  • a new child or children moving in or out
  • a death
  • anything else you wish to tell us

How to add or remove someone from your tenancy agreement

If you want to add or remove someone from a tenancy agreement or transfer (assign) a tenancy to someone else, you need to check with us that you can do that.


How to end a tenancy

You must give at least 28 days written notice if you want to end your tenancy. To give notice please complete our online termination of tenancy agreement form.

We will then contact you to let you know what you need to do.

Key returns

Please do not hand back the keys to the property until we have agreed to end the tenancy. We will then advise you how to return the keys.