The Armed Forces Community Covenant
The Arun District Armed Forces Community Covenant is a voluntary statement of mutual support between the district council and its local Armed Forces Community.
It is intended to complement the Armed Forces Covenant, which outlines the moral obligations between the Nation, the Government and the Armed Forces at local level.
The document was signed in January 2016 by the Chairman of Arun District Council and Lt Col Giles Malec RA representing the Armed Forces.
The Community Covenant aims to:
- encourage local communities and the Armed Forces community to support each other
- nurture public understanding and promote awareness of issues affecting the Armed Forces community
- recognise and remember the sacrifices made by the Armed Forces community
- encourage activities which help to integrate the Armed Forces community into local life
- The Covenant Champion for Arun District is Councillor Terence Chapman.
The Covenant is available below
Arun District Council is part of the Armed Forces Community Covenant for West Sussex:
The Ministry of Defence has produced guidance detailing the scope of the Community Covenant.