What is housing fraud and how to report it
We are working to stop housing fraud to make sure that homes are fairly given to the people who need them.
Housing fraud includes:
- not telling the truth when applying for a property, for example about how many people will live there
- the named tenant permanently living somewhere else
- sub-letting a property without permission
- living in a property after someone has died without the right to do so
How to report housing fraud
Contact us to report suspected housing fraud:
or phone Neighbourhood Housing Services on 01903 737500
Please let us know:
- your name and contact details – these will be kept confidential, but you can choose to make an anonymous report if you prefer
- the address of the property involved in the suspected fraud
- why you suspect housing fraud, including when you last saw the tenant, and any other details about who is using or visiting the property
- if you are willing to make a statement about the fraud
Please see our housing fraud privacy notice to find out what we do with your data.
What happens next
We will investigate all reports of housing fraud and take action against offenders. People who have made money from unlawful subletting will be made to pay this back if convicted.