Late night refreshment

You’ll need to apply for a premises licence if you intend to sell hot food or drink at any time between 11pm and 5am.

Late night refreshment means the supply of hot food or hot drink to the public for consumption on or off the premises between 11pm and 5am.

Businesses affected by this will include cafes, fast food outlets and mobile catering vehicles that run during this time.

Public houses which are licensed for alcohol but also provide late night refreshment should check their existing licence to ensure that they are correctly authorised for this.

Hotels, staff canteens and campsites are exempt from needing a licence for late night refreshment.

To apply

You’ll need to apply by following the instructions in the Apply for a new premises licence on our premises licence page.