Regularisation certificates

If work has been completed without building regulation consent, a regularisation notice should be sought. This requires detailed drawings to be submitted and elements of the works to be exposed to show compliance. Any contraventions must be corrected before a certificate will be issued. If unauthorised works were carried out on your property before you moved in, we may consider a regularisation application, however, we recommend that you discuss the particular requirements beforehand.

Guidance notes for completing the form can be found on our help page.

Apply for a regularisation certificate

Fees and charges

See our fees and charges

Fee exemptions - disabled adaptations

A fee exemption may apply to building works that are essential to enable a disabled person to use or move around a property.

To apply for this exemption, please complete our Building Regulations Disability Eligibility Declaration.docx[docx] 23KB.

If you are unable to make an online application, you can email us to request a paper form.