Who’s responsible for the repair
You are responsible for some repairs to your property. These include:
- blockages that you have caused to any basin, bath or toilet
- testing battery powered smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- broken toilet seats
- replacing light bulbs
- replacing keys (lost, stolen or broken) and lock changes
- appliances such as washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers and cookers
- some simple boiler faults
- some types of mould and damp
Further information can be found in the repairs handbook and your tenancy agreement.
Our repairs contractors are Osborne Property Services Ltd who undertake day to day repairs.
How to request a repair
Before reporting a repair make sure you have checked that the repair is not your responsibility and gather as much information about the repair as you can.
Non urgent repairs
You can request a non-urgent repair online through our i-housing system.
Or you can telephone: 01903 737827
When you request a repair, we’ll ask you:
- your name, address, email (if you have one) and phone number
- the times you’ll be at the property to let our contractor in
- personal information to confirm your identity, for example your date of birth
- about the problem that needs repairing
- if you have reported the repair before - if so, when did you report it
An emergency repair is something that needs to be fixed quickly because it is a danger to health, safety or security.
- loss of entire water supply
- loss of electricity due to an electrical problem
- a severe leak or burst pipe
- serious roof leaks and other major structural failures for example a dangerous boundary wall or chimney
- damage to an external window, door or lock which has left your home insecure
- blocked toilet when there is no other toilet in the home
To report an emergency repair:
- phone: 01903 737827 during office hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm
- outside of office hours phone: 01903 737500 which will put you through to our emergency out of hours standby service
Please note: the out of hours standby service is for emergencies only. If you call out the service and it’s found that the repair was non urgent or has resulted directly from damage or negligence by you, the full cost incurred will be recharged to you.
For gas and heating breakdowns phone:
- BSW Heating on 0800 068 0566
(This is a freephone 24 hour helpline)
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org
Warning! Faulty appliances can cause a fire or explosion in your home or you could be at risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal.
If you smell gas call National Grid immediately on 0800 111 999
If you live in one of the sheltered schemes with a communal boiler, you will need to phone:
- K & T Heating on 0800 012 6256
(This is a freephone 24 hour helpline)
You can also email email@example.com
List of sheltered schemes managed by K & T Heating
- 1 to 7 Alinora
- 8 to13 Alinora (bungalows)
- Arun Court
- Bersted Green Court
- Churchill House
- Compton Court
- King George Court
- Mountbatten Court
- Olivier Court
- Orchard Road
- Stanley Court
- The Hamlet
- Woking Court
If you do not live at one of the above sheltered schemes your gas contractor will be BSW Heating.
As a council tenant and as part of your tenancy agreement, you’ll have a free annual gas safety check on any gas heating systems in your home.
Appointments for your annual gas check
When your gas check is coming up for renewal we’ll text you to let you know. Our contractor, BSW Heating Ltd will then contact you with an appointment.
If you need to rearrange the appointment, please contact BSW Heating on 0800 068 0566. This is a free 24 hour help line. You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have installed your own gas appliance which is currently not being checked, please let us know by phoning 01903 737827.