Road closures for events

A road closure order is required for any event which may stop the flow of traffic on a public highway.

For small public events such as parades, street parties or markets, a road closure can be requested when applying to hold your event. View our events page for more information.

For larger events such as charity runs, cycle rides or concerts which involve temporary traffic management lasting all day or over a weekend these require a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order (TTRO) which can be applied for through West Sussex County Council.

A road closure does not automatically suspend parking restrictions like pay and display, permit holder only or limited waiting bays. If you require these to be suspended, please read the information on our suspending bays page.

Planned road closures

For more information about planned road closures, including road closures for events, roadworks and diversions in place, please view the WSCC roadworks map.