We will issue a permit to metal detect on our land if you are a member of NCMD or FID.
These permits are free of charge and last for one year.
You do not need a permit to detect on our beaches as any damage caused by digging is minimal.
Most beach areas are the property of the Crown Estate please see their page for guidance.
As West Beach, Littlehampton is a Site of Special Scientific Interest (SSSI) metal detecting is not allowed.
Permitted sites for metal detecting
You can metal detect at the following sites once we have authorised your licence:
- beaches (unless otherwise stated)
- Rose Green recreation ground, The Nurseries, Aldwick, PO21 3UA
- The Pound, Aldwick, PO21 3SR
- West Park, Aldwick, Bognor Regis, PO21 2RB
- Herringtons Field, Fitzalan Road, Arundel, BN18 9JZ
- Hampshire Avenue recreation ground, Bognor Regis, PO21 5JH
- Langmeads recreation ground, East Preston, BN16 2SP
- Flansham Lane recreation ground, Felpham, Bognor Regis, PO22 6AH
- Longbrook public open space, Sea Road, Felpham, PO22 7AW
- Homewood, Findon, BN14 0XA
- Linden Park, Littlehampton, BN17 7BJ
- Brookfield Park, Littlehampton, BN17 6UR
- The Cape, Littlehampton, BN17 6PL
- The Haven open space, Littlehampton, BN17 6NT
- The Hooe, Littlehampton, BN17 6PS
- The Whapple open space, Littlehampton, BN17 6QN
- Water Lane recreation ground, Littlehampton, BN17 7DZ
- Winward Close open space, Littlehampton, BN17 6QX
- Lyminster Green, The Paddock, Lyminster, BN17 7QH
- Mallon Dene greensward, Rustington, BN16 2JW
- Overstrand greensward, Rustington, BN16 2JZ
Before you apply, you’ll need:
- a copy of your membership to a national metal detecting organisation
- your contact details, (name, address and telephone number)