Privacy notice discretionary business support grant applications
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.
The information we ask for is essential – we can’t consider your application without it. When you apply this is the information you’ll need:
- personal details including your name, date of birth and national insurance number
- business information such as your business name and trading address, details of the nature of your business, number of staff employed and your legal status, your self-assessment unique taxpayer reference, your company number and VAT registration number (if you are registered)
- financial information such as two months bank statements, your turnover and balance sheet figures, income and ongoing costs, any other grants, loans or financial assistance you have applied for or received
- we will need the bank details of the account you would like your grant paid into
- Contact details including a telephone number and email address and preferred correspondence address
Why we collect this information
- personal details are used to identify you
- business information is used to identify your business and to check that you are eligible for assistance
- financial information is used to work out your grant entitlement
- we ask for you bank details so we can pay any grant direct to you
- contact details are used to contact you if we have any questions about your application
Who we might share your information with
We may share your information with HM Revenues and Customs. This is the government department responsible for tax, payments and customs for the UK. Your personal information may be shared for statistical monitoring purposes and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
We may share your information with other local authorities. This is to check for duplicate or fraudulent applications.
What we do with your information
The information you provide is used for us to execute our public duty under Section 1 of the Localism Act 2011.
How long we keep your information
We will keep your information for 3 years (plus the current year) from the date of your application.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.