Privacy Notice Environmental Health
Arun District Council collects information about you in order to provide you with the services in relation to our statutory functions under the legislation detailed in the attached list.
What information is being collected?
- We will be asking you for:
- Your personal details – name, address, contact number, email address, date of birth.
- Any information you have included to support your complaint such as reports, photographs, plans, maps and drawings
- Any information gathered during the investigation of a service request or other statutory function.
Why we collect this information?
- We will use the information for the following:
- Personal data will be processed for duties in relation to our functions relating to environmental health matters, in accordance with the legislation the officers are appropriately authorised to enforce.
- Your personal details are used to contact you to discuss your request/complaint and to keep you updated in regard to any actions taken.
Who we might share your information with?
- We may share your personal information with:
- Other services within Arun District Council where there is a lawful purpose for sharing data.
- We may share the data with Government departments/agencies including the Food Standards Agency.
- Information may be shared with adjoining Local Authorities to enable them to fulfil their duties as District or Borough Council.
- Information will be shared with West Sussex County Council and West Sussex Fire and Rescue to enable them to fulfil their duties.
- South Downs Planning Authority in relation to our role as statutory consultee for planning applications.
- Information may be shared with the police to assist them with investigations.
- Where there is a legal requirement to hold a public register, this information will be published on the Council’s website.
- Customer satisfaction surveys are undertaken from time to time to ensure that we are meeting our customer’s expectations and to enable us to review what we could do better. Your contact information will only be used in connection with your experience of the Council’s services and will not be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to proceed with the survey then you are free to decline.
- If Arun District Council receives a request, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), to disclose information, they are obliged to do so unless the information is deemed exempt under the Act. We can only withhold information under FOI or EIR if the information falls under one of the exemptions (FOI) or exceptions (EIR) set out in legislation.
What we do with your information?
- We will use the information to:
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
- Retain your details on the Environmental Health IT database.
- Use this information to keep in contact with you and update you on service changes
How long we will keep your information?
- We will keep your information in accordance with our data retention schedule.
Your Legal Rights
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Housing and Planning Act 2016
Protection from Harassment Act 2016
Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Alarm (England) Regulations 2015 (Energy Act 2013)
Town Police Clauses Act 1889