Privacy notice housing reactive repairs
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.
Some information is essential – we can’t maintain your property without them. Other information is optional. However, if you choose not to tell us something we may not give you the help you need. When you apply we’ll ask you for the information shown below. Essential information is marked with a *
- *Personal details including your name and address
- Health information, for example any disabilities you may have
- Financial information including your income, benefits received and expenditure, bank and building society details, account balances and savings you have
- Preferred contact details, which could be a phone number and/or email address
Why we collect this information
We collect your information for the following purposes:
- Personal details are used to identify you
- Health information is used to assess your needs
- Financial information is used to check if you are eligible for any assistance.
- Preferred contact is used to contact you if we have any questions and to arrange getting access to your home to do the works
Who we might share your information with
We may share your information with external contractors who are working for us to provide maintenance. We have data sharing agreements with these contractors which strictly control how they store and use your personal information. We are allowed to do this under the Housing Act 1985 and the Housing Construction and Regeneration Act 1996. We will only share your name and contact details with our external contractors. Your health and financial information is not shared with anyone.
What we do with your information
The information you provide is used for us to execute our public duty under:
- The Housing Act 1985
- The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- The Housing and Construction Act 1996
We will only share your name and contact details with our external contractors. Your health and financial information is not shared with anyone.
How long we keep your information
We keep your personal details in line with our neighbourhood data retention policy.
Your health and financial information will be retained as follows:
- If you make a successful application for assistance we will keep your personal information until the works have been completed
- If your application is unsuccessful your information is kept for three months after the date of our decision
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/