Privacy notice Safe and Warm Homes Grant
Our Safe and Warm Homes Grant privacy notice explains how we use your personal information and tells you about your privacy rights and how the law protects you. We collect information about you in order to assess your eligibility to receive the Warm Homes Grant.
Information we collect
We will be asking you for your name, address, contact telephone number, details of property ownership and benefits entitlements.
Why we collect this information
We will use the information to check eligibility for the Safe and Warm Homes Grant and for correspondence with you in relation to the grant.
The legal basis for using this information is: The Regulatory Reform (Housing Assistance) (England & Wales) Order 2002 in order to administer the Safe and Warm Homes Grant.
Who we might share your information with
We may share your personal information with:
- West Sussex County Council to enable them to fulfil their duties
- WSCC Independent Living Service for auditing and mentoring spend of the Better Care Fund, and other internal services where there is a lawful purpose for sharing data, which could include an investigation by a regulatory function such as for the detection of fraudulent receipt of benefits
- government departments/agencies such as HMRC
- the police to assist them with investigations
- customer satisfaction surveys to ensure that we are meeting our customers' expectations and to enable us to review what we could do better
In addition if we receive a request, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), to disclose information, we are obliged to do so unless the information is deemed exempt under the Act - we can only withhold information under FOI or EIR if the information falls under one of the exemptions (FOI) or exceptions (EIR) set out in legislation.
What we do with your information
- use the information to process your application for grant funding, checking eligibility
- check property ownership on the land registry
- use your details for correspondence relating to the grant and, if successful, for the duration of the works
- retain your details on our private sector housing and environmental health database
- use your details for correspondence for feedback analysis
How long we keep your information
If successful we will keep all the information provided electronically for six years. This is required as the financial information relates to public funding through the Better Care Fund. If unsuccessful, the application will be destroyed within three months.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.