Privacy Notice Safe and Warm Homes Grant
Arun District Council collects information about you in order to provide you with the following service: Safe and Warm Homes Grant.
What information is being collected?
We will be asking you for; your name, address, contact telephone number, details of property ownership and benefits entitlements.
Why we collect this information?
We will use the information to check eligibility for the Safe and Warm Homes Grant and for correspondence with you in relation to the grant.
The legal basis for using this information is: The Regulatory Reform (Housing Assistance) (England & Wales) Order 2002 in order to administer the Safe and Warm Homes Grant.
Who we might share your information with?
- We may share your personal information with Arun Wellbeing Home Energy Visitor Service. This would be to support the application process, provide home energy advice and to check the works on completion. This internal third party will not share this information for any other purposes.
- Information will be shared with West Sussex County Council to enable them to fulfil their duties as the County Council.
- Information will be shared with WSCC Independent Living Service for auditing and mentoring spend of the Better Care Fund. Other services within Arun District Council where there is a lawful purpose for sharing data. This might include an investigation by a regulatory function such as for the detection of fraudulent receipt of benefits.
- We may share the data with Government departments/agencies such as Inland Revenue.
- Information may be shared with the police to assist them with investigations.
- Customer satisfaction surveys are undertaken from time to time to ensure that we are meeting our customer’s expectations and to enable us to review what we could do better. Your contact information will only be used in connection with your experience of the Council’s services and will not be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to proceed with the survey then you are free to decline.
- If Arun District Council receives a request, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), to disclose information, they are obliged to do so unless the information is deemed exempt under the Act. We can only withhold information under FOI or EIR if the information falls under one of the exemptions (FOI) or exceptions (EIR) set out in legislation.
What we do with your information?
- Use the information to process your application for grant funding, checking eligibility.
- Check property ownership on the Land Registry.
- Use your details for correspondence relating to the grant and, if successful, for the duration of the works.
- Retain your details on the Private Sector Housing & Environmental Health IT database.
- Use your details for correspondence for feedback analysis
How long we will keep your information?
If successful we will keep all the information provided electronically for 6 years. This is required as the financial information relates to public funding through the Better Care Fund. If unsuccessful the application will be destroyed in 3 months.
Your Legal Rights
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/