Privacy notice Safe and Warm Homes Grant
We collect information about you in order to provide you with the following service: Safe and Warm Homes Grant.
What information is being collected
We will be asking you for; your name, address, contact telephone number, details of property ownership and benefits entitlements.
Why we collect this information
We will use the information to check eligibility for the Safe and Warm Homes Grant and for correspondence with you in relation to the grant.
The legal basis for using this information is: The Regulatory Reform (Housing Assistance) (England & Wales) Order 2002 in order to administer the Safe and Warm Homes Grant.
Who we might share your information with
- we may share your personal information with Arun Wellbeing Home Energy Visitor Service to support the application process, provide home energy advice and to check the works on completion
- information will be shared with West Sussex County Council to enable them to fulfil their duties
- information will be shared with WSCC Independent Living Service for auditing and mentoring spend of the Better Care Fund, and other internal services where there is a lawful purpose for sharing data, which could include an investigation by a regulatory function such as for the detection of fraudulent receipt of benefits
- we may share the data with government departments/agencies such as HMRC
- information may be shared with the police to assist them with investigations
- optional customer satisfaction surveys are undertaken from time to time to ensure that we are meeting our customers' expectations and to enable us to review what we could do better
- if we receive a request, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), to disclose information, we are obliged to do so unless the information is deemed exempt under the Act - we can only withhold information under FOI or EIR if the information falls under one of the exemptions (FOI) or exceptions (EIR) set out in legislation
What we do with your information
- use the information to process your application for grant funding, checking eligibility
- check property ownership on the land registry
- use your details for correspondence relating to the grant and, if successful, for the duration of the works
- retain your details on the private sector housing and environmental health IT database
- use your details for correspondence for feedback analysis
How long we will keep your information
If successful we will keep all the information provided electronically for six years. This is required as the financial information relates to public funding through the Better Care Fund. If unsuccessful the application will be destroyed in three months.
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.