Street parties

Find out what you need to do to host an event on one of our high streets or in your neighbourhood.

Street parties

The government has produced this helpful guide on holding street parties.

If you want to plan a street party for your neighbourhood, you'll need to submit an application.

Street parties are simple, private events and do not generally include activities that require licenses, such as selling alcohol or providing entertainment. They are normally:

  • for residents and neighbours only
  • publicised only to residents
  • self-organised

You do not need insurance or a formal risk assessment however we do recommend you obtain insurance. You will need to provide a plan of the road or roads affected by the event. 

Street meets

Street meets are alternatives to street parties that do not require road closures. You may wish to organise a street meet for local residents or ask us about using one of the green spaces in the district. 


Apply to hold a street party

Town centres and high streets

If you want to hold an event in Bognor Regis, Littlehampton or Arundel town centres, you'll need to apply to West Sussex County Council. 

Apply to hold an event in a town centre

You can contact West Sussex County Council for information:

Phone 01243 777100

For more information on holding events in our area:


Phone 01903 737920