We are regularly reviewing our procedures as per the Government guidelines due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
Due to the recent government announcement, we are happy to confirm that we will be re-opening the Civic Centre in Littlehampton and introducing the Bognor Regis Town Hall for personal search appointments, starting Monday 19 July 2021.
We will continue to accept requests for searches of the LLCR in the form of an LLC1, available at a cost of £15.00 per property/piece of land. These can be submitted via the usual methods, including e-mail. The results will be returned within 1 - 2 working days.
If you require any further information on making an appointment, submitting an LLC1 or making payment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Local Land Charges Register will be available for inspection on our mapping system from 19 July 2021.
We will require you to book an appointment and you will not be permitted to enter either venue without one.
Please email email@example.com providing us with the following information:
- Choice of venue - Littlehampton (Civic Centre) or Bognor Regis (Town Hall)
- Appointment date (minimum 24 hours/ maximum 5 working days notice)
- Appointment time (see below)
- Company name
- Search agent name
- Agent contact number
- Land/property to be searched (Maximum 5 x per appointment)
Appointments can be made for the following times (you will only be allowed one appointment per company, per day):
- 10am to 10:45am
- 11am to 11:45pm
- 12pm to 12:45pm
- 2pm to 2:45pm
- 3pm to 3:45pm
This system can be used to search for all properties within the district. This enables inspection of all registrations held against those properties, except for planning applications approved conditionally from 1 August 1977. These can be found when inspecting the planning history.
Suggested Search Process
- Navigate to the mapping system through Land Charges - Personal Searches - link to mapping at the bottom of the page (this will open a new tab)
- Select map - Personal Searches
- Accept cookies (if necessary)
- 3 lines top left corner – What would you like to do?
- Map Features – turn on the required layers:
- Part 1 -11
- Additional Information
- South Downs NP
- Start typing the address for your property in the search bar (for searches on land you will need to navigate to a nearby property or zooming in and out of map)
- Click on the map in the location of your property/land (you may need to do this in several locations for large areas of land)
- The list of registrations will appear
- It is suggested you write down any information for future reference
- Click on Show more to bring up further details. There is also a link to the back-office database (Link to Ocella Portal) relating to each registration
- Once you have finished searching for your properties please close the Arun Maps tab but leave the Personal Searches I Arun District page open (See example below…do not close both down otherwise the computer will need a restart)
We respectfully remind personal searchers that it is their sole responsibility to interpret the Local Land Charges registrations and to note down any information they wish to retain.
In accordance with Statutory Instrument 2010 No 1812, we do not charge for inspections of the Local Land Charges Register.
For Highways information please contact West Sussex County Council Highways.
For drainage enquiries please contact Southern Water.
When visiting the council offices, the link below will take you to our mapping system. This link will only work on the computers made available to you when visiting reception.