1, 2, 3 food waste collection trial
On 19 May 2021 we began trialling weekly collections of food waste and absorbent hygiene products (AHP).
We selected around 1,150 households and flats for the first phase of the trial which began 19 May 2021 and will run for one year.
From 21 September 2021 we are extending the trial to include a further 250 properties in River Ward, to include a range of property types including flats, houses and Houses of Multiple Occupancy (HMOs).
The aim is to reduce household rubbish, increase recycling and make Arun greener. The food and AHP waste we collect will be turned into fertilizer and sources of energy.
There is a 1, 2, 3 collection schedule:
- weekly collection of food waste and an optional weekly collection of AHP products
- two-weekly collection of recycling including small electrical items
- three-weekly collection of general rubbish
There will be no change to your:
- collection day
- garden waste collections (if applicable)
- assisted collections (if applicable)
Households taking part have received:
- a small silver caddy for your kitchen (size of a toaster) and 3 months’ supply of compostable liners
- a green lockable food waste bin for outside (size of a pedal bin)
- a 240L wheelie bin for your general rubbish
- 5 yellow and black striped sacks - if you take part in the AHP collection (once used these will be replaced)
- a collection calendar telling you them what bins to put out and when
Check if your road is included in the trial
You'll need your address and postcode