Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP) | Latest news


Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)

DHP If you receive either Housing Benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit (UC) and it doesn’t fully cover your rent, we may be able to help you financially for a few months whilst you find cheaper accommodation or your own way of paying the shortfall. Whilst DHP is not a long term solution, it can give you breathing space to get on top of your finances. 

We can also help with the costs of moving to an affordable home and with some of the up-front rental charges when moving. 

As long as you live in the Arun district and receive either Housing Benefit or the housing element of UC you can apply for DHP.

Please visit Discretionary Housing Payment | Arun District Council for more information and an online claim form. 

These payments come from a limited fund from the Government so once the fund is gone, it’s gone for the year.