Partnerships & LABC Services
If you are interested in joining Arun District Council as a partner, please contact Jim Henn, Head of Building Control, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephoning 01903 737596.
LABC partner authority scheme
The LABC Partner Authority Scheme (PAS) is designed to help companies that operate in multiple locations and deal with many local authorities. The scheme enables a company or adviser to have a one-to-one working relationship with a preferred local authority for advice and plan appraisal. The site inspections are carried out by the local authority where each project is carried out.
LABC New Home Warranty can provide developers and self-builders with a complete range of developer services to support build programmes from start to finish. The synergies of providing these services under one roof allow them to pass significant cost savings on to you. Services available include:
- 10 year structural warranties
- Code for Sustainable Homes assessments
- EPC, PEA and accredited SAP assessments
- SBEM assessments
- Acoustic testing
- Air pressure testing
- Home Information Packs
There are a number of benefits to this scheme, including:
- Simplification of the building process, generating substantial savings in time and money
- A dedicated professional building control surveyor becomes part of the design team to offer advice on all projects no matter where they are in the country
- The design team approach ensures that any issues can be resolved early in the design process and eliminates the need for expensive corrections later in the construction phase
- The single point of contact results in a consistent approach to plan appraisal
- Any local conditions, site specific information and necessary consultations are investigated on behalf of the client
There are no costs involved in registering with this scheme so it is the best value way to get consistent building control feedback and approval on a national basis with fast local inspection.