The Local Land Charges Register will be available for inspection on our mapping system from 19 July 2021.
We will require you to book an appointment and you will not be permitted to enter either venue without one.
Please email email@example.com providing us with the following information:
choice of venue - Littlehampton (Civic Centre) or Bognor Regis (Town Hall)
appointment date (minimum 24 hours / maximum 5 working days notice)
appointment time (see below)
search agent name
agent contact number
land or property to be searched (maximum 5 x per appointment)
Appointments can be made for the following times (you will only be allowed one appointment per company, per day):
10am to 10:45am
11am to 11:45pm
12pm to 12:45pm
2pm to 2:45pm
3pm to 3:45pm
This system can be used to search for all properties within the district. This enables inspection of all registrations held against those properties, except for planning applications approved conditionally from 1 August 1977. These can be found when inspecting the planning history.
Suggested Search Process
- Use the link at the bottom of this page to open the mapping system. This will open in a new tab.
- Select the Personal Searches map.
- Accept any cookies if necessary.
- Select What would you like to do? in the top left corner.
- Turn on the required layers in Map Features
- Part 1-11
- Additional Information
- South Downs NP
- Use the search bar to enter the property address. For searches on land use a nearby property or zoom in on the map.
- Click on the property or land on the map. For large areas of land you may need to look at several locations.
- The list of registrations will appear. You should write down any information for future reference.
- Click on Show more to bring up further details. There is also a link to the back-office database (Link to Ocella Portal) relating to each registration
- Once you have finished searching, close the Arun Maps tab. Do not close the entire window.
- If you do accidentally close all windows, please restart the computer after your session has ended.
We remind personal searchers that it is their sole responsibility to interpret the Local Land Charges registrations and to note down any information they wish to retain.
In accordance with Statutory Instrument 2010 No 1812, we do not charge for inspections of the Local Land Charges Register.
For Highways information please contact West Sussex County Council Highways.
For drainage enquiries please contact Southern Water.
A search of the competent person register is available on our competent person scheme page.
When visiting our offices, the link below will take you to our Mapping system. This link will only work on the computers made available to you when visiting reception.