Privacy notice cemeteries
This privacy notice relates to the following documents:
- notice of interment
- purchase of grave
- form of application of right to erect a memorial and to cut an inscription or to cut an additional Inscription on existing memorial
What information is being collected
We will be asking you for
- Exclusive Right of Burial Holder details (EROBs).
- Names and address of applicant if they are not the EROBs.
- The parent’s name and address details for a stillborn child.
- The details of the particular persons to be buried; name, date of death, age, address and profession.
Why we collect this information
The data collected is used to administer the Cemeteries Service, which includes the purchase/transfer of EROBs (Exclusive Right of Burials), memorial applications, and general cemetery maintenance enquiries to maintain a safe and welcoming condition.
Who we might share your information with?
We may share your personal information with
- contractors such as Tivoli Services
- funeral directors
External agencies will not share your information with any other party or use it for any other purpose.
What we do with your information
- use this information to keep in contact with you
- use this information to provide the cemetery related services that you are requesting, examples include: processing EROB purchases and transfers and memorial applications
How long we will keep your information
- personal data relating to Exclusive Right of Burials, memorials and internments will be held indefinitely in accordance with burial law
- personal data relating to general enquires will be retained for no longer than three years
You can also contact our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com.
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.