Privacy Notice Leaseholders
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.
Some information is essential – we can’t manage your lease without it. Other information is optional. However, if you choose not to tell us something we may not make the right decisions. This means we may not be able to give you the help you need.
When we deal with you we’ll ask you for the information shown below. Essential information is marked with a *
- *Personal details. Your name and address of your property and a correspondence address, if different.
- Financial information. Bank or building society details.
- Preferred contact. You can choose to give a telephone number and/or email address
Why We Collect This Information
- Personal details. We use these to identify you.
- Financial information. We will need your bank or building society details if you want to pay by direct debit.
- Preferred contact. You can choose to tell us your telephone number and/or an email address. We use these to contact you more quickly if we have any questions or problems in the future.
Who We Might Share Your Information With
- Contractors We employ outside contractors to maintain our properties. We have data sharing agreements with these companies. These agreements strictly control how they store and use your personal information. We are allowed to do this under the Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002. We will only share your name and contact details with our external contractors. Your health and financial information is not shared with anyone.
- Debt Collection Agencies We employ outside debt collection agencies to collect unpaid charges. We have data sharing agreements with these agencies. These agreements strictly control how they store and use your personal information. We are allowed to do this under the Housing Act 1985. We will only share your name, contact details and amount owed with debt collection agencies.
- Housing Benefits Team. If you are claiming Housing Benefit we may share information with the team who manage this. We have a duty to do this under the Housing Benefit Regulations 2006.
What We Do With Your Information
The information you provide is used for us to execute our public duty under:
- The Housing Act 1985
- The Housing Act 2004
- Commonhold and Leasehold Reform Act 2002.
How Long We Keep Your Information
We will keep your name and address throughout your lease. When your lease legally ends we will keep your information for a further 6 years. After this it will be destroyed.
Your Legal Rights
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/