Privacy Notice Pre application advice
Arun District Council collects information about you in order to provide you with the pre–application advice service.
What information is being collected?
As part of this process we will be asking you for:
- Applicant’s name, address and contact details
- Agent’s name address and contact details o Contact details for gaining access to the site
- Evidence supporting your application. In the main this will be plans and technical statements but within this you may include personal, financial, medical or ethnic information to justify your application
Why we collect this information?
To enable us to provide pre application advice on a proposed development
Who we might share your information with?
We may share your personal information with:
- Information will be recorded onto the joint Planning and Building Control data base and Document Management System which may be accessed by staff working in these departments and staff in other departments who work on behalf of planning such as the Arun Direct Contact Centre who deal with planning related queries.
- Other internal consultees and external advisors to enable us to provide an accurate response on whether planning permission is likely to be forthcoming.
- Arun District Council Councillors receive a weekly list of pre application advice requests so that they are aware of possible developments within the district.
- On occasion, Arun District Council may outsource the processing of pre application advice applications to third parties, contractors or consultants If this is done they will be obliged to comply with our data protection policies and will not be able to use your information for any other purpose than processing the request on our behalf .They will not use or pass on your information for any other purpose.
- If Arun District Council receives a request, under the Freedom of Information Act (FOI) or Environmental Information Regulations (EIR), to disclose information relating to pre application advice, we are obliged to do so unless the information is deemed exempt under the Act. We can only withhold information under FOI or EIR if the information falls under one of the exemptions (FOI) or exceptions (EIR) set out in legislation. If you consider that your advice request is confidential you should first seek legal advice and inform the Council as to the advice received at the time of submitting the preapplication planning advice application where confidentiality is an issue. However, whilst we will take account of this information, the final decision on whether the information should be disclosed rests with the Council.
What we do with your information?
Your information is used to enable us to determine your request for pre application advice.
If you are a regular agent, the planning department may contact you to update you with information in relation the processing of pre application advice. For example when there is a fee increase or if we are changing the way we handle pre application advice requests. Your information will only be used to contact you with planning information and will not be used by other departments or for marketing purposes.
A customer satisfaction survey may be carried out from time to ensure that we are meeting our customer’s expectations and to enable us to review what we could do better to make the process quicker and clearer for applicants and agents. Your contact information will only be used in connection with your experience of the planning department and will not be used for marketing purposes. If you do not wish to proceed with the survey then you are free to decline.
How long we will keep your information?
Your request and our response is retained so that it can be matched up with any subsequent planning application that is submitted
What rights do you have?
You can also contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer on: Email: email@example.com
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns