Privacy Notice Repairs
Details of what information we collect from you, what we do with it and who it might be shared with.
Some information is essential – we can’t consider your request without it. Other information is optional. However, if you choose not to tell us something we may not be able give you the help you need. When you apply we’ll ask you for the information shown below. Essential information is marked with a *
- *Personal details. Your name, address and date of birth. The names of anyone else in your household and their relationship to you.
- Preferred contact. You can choose to give a telephone number and/or email address
- Health information. This is any physical or mental health information, to support the provision of aids and adaptations. We will also ask for your doctor or hospital consultant’s details.
- Financial information. Your income, benefits received and expenditure. Bank and building society details and account balances. Any savings you have.
Why We Collect This Information
- Personal details. We use these to identify you.
- Health information. This is used to assess your needs. We also use it to check you are eligible for any assistance.
- Financial information. We also use it to check if you are eligible for any assistance.
- Preferred contact. You can choose to tell us your telephone number and/or an email address. We use these to contact you more quickly if there’s any problem with your property.
Who We Might Share Your Information With
External Contractors. We employ outside contractors to maintain our properties. We have data sharing agreements with all of these contractors. These agreements strictly control how they store and use your personal information. We are allowed to do this under:
- Housing Act 1985
- The Housing Construction and Regeneration Act 1996
We will only share your name and contact details with our external contractors. Your health and financial information is not shared with anyone.
What We Do With Your Information
The information you provide is used for us to execute our public duty under:
- The Housing Act 1985
- The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985
- The Housing and Construction Act 1996
How Long We Keep Your Information
We keep your personal details in line with our Neighbourhood Data Retention Policy. Your health and financial information will be retained as follows:
- If you make a successful application for assistance: We will keep your personal information until the works have been completed.
- If your application is unsuccessful: Your information is kept for 3 months after the date of our decision.
Your Legal Rights
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/