We wanted to update you on the changes to our responsive repairs contract.
After careful consideration, we have decided to bring the repairs service in-house. From 30 April 2024, your repairs service will be delivered by staff directly employed by us.
This gives us more control over the repairs journey, allowing for better performance management, quality assurance, and cost control.  We are confident it will result in an improved service that we can all take pride in, whilst delivering significant cost savings which will enable us to focus on improving the quality of our properties going forward.
Our repairs support team has been handling repair calls since 2 April 2024, and they are doing a fantastic job, we hope you have noticed the service improvement.
Rest assured, we will continue to monitor every aspect of the repairs service closely to ensure it meets your needs.

Leaseholder repairs service

As a leaseholder you are responsible for maintaining, repairing and replacing all internal fixtures, fittings and decorations inside your home.

We remain responsible for repairs to communal areas and the structure of the building; these generally include repairs to:

  • roofs, drains, gutters and pipes
  • balconies
  • window frames and sills
  • communal stairs, landings and lifts
  • chimneys and chimney stacks
  • external and internal structural walls (but not the plaster)
  • shared heating systems, water pipes, water tanks, gas pipes and electrical wiring

Refer to the terms of your lease for full details of your responsibilities.

How to request a repair

Before reporting a repair make sure you have checked that the repair is not your responsibility and gather as much information about the repair as you can.

Non-urgent repairs

You can request a non-urgent repair by emailing housing.repairs@arun.gov.uk or by phoning 01903 737840 during office hours.

When you request a repair, we’ll need:

  • your name, address, email (if you have one) and phone number
  • the times you’ll be at the property to let our contractor in
  • the details about the problem that needs repairing
  • to know if you have reported the repair before and if so, when you reported it

For emergency repairs

  • Phone 01903 737840 if it is during office hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm
  • If it is outside of office hours phone 01903 737500 which will put you through to our emergency out of hours standby service.

Please note the out of hours standby service is for emergencies only. If you call out the service and it’s found that the repair was non-urgent or has resulted from damage or negligence by you, the full cost incurred will be recharged to you.

For existing repairs

To follow up on an existing repair phone 01903 737840.

Buildings insurance

You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home.

You do not need to take out building insurance as your property is covered by our building insurance policy.

If the internal structure of your property is damaged as a result of specific incidents, such as fire, water leaks or building subsidence, you can make a claim against the building insurance policy.

Please view the summary of cover [pdf] 214KB, a full copy of the policy wording and schedule is available on request from our insurance officer.

All new claims should be notified without delay to our insurance officer by emailing insurance@arun.gov.uk.

The claim details will then be forwarded to the insurer, Protector Insurance, who will correspond directly with you or your nominated representative regarding your claim.