Leaseholder repairs service
As a leaseholder you are responsible for maintaining, repairing and replacing all internal fixtures, fittings and decorations inside your home.
We remain responsible for repairs to communal areas and the structure of the building; these generally include repairs to:
- roofs, drains, gutters and pipes
- window frames and sills
- communal stairs, landings and lifts
- chimneys and chimney stacks
- external and internal structural walls (but not the plaster)
- shared heating systems, water pipes, water tanks, gas pipes and electrical wiring
Refer to the terms of your lease for full details of your responsibilities.
How to request a repair
Before reporting a repair make sure you have checked that the repair is not your responsibility and gather as much information about the repair as you can.
You can request a non-urgent repair by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phoning 01903 737840 during office hours.
When you request a repair, we’ll need:
- your name, address, email (if you have one) and phone number
- the times you’ll be at the property to let our contractor in
- the details about the problem that needs repairing
- to know if you have reported the repair before and if so, when you reported it
For emergency repairs
- Phone 01903 737840 if it is during office hours: Monday to Thursday 8.45am to 5.15pm and Friday 8.45am to 4.45pm
- If it is outside of office hours phone 01903 737500 which will put you through to our emergency out of hours standby service.
Please note the out of hours standby service is for emergencies only. If you call out the service and it’s found that the repair was non-urgent or has resulted from damage or negligence by you, the full cost incurred will be recharged to you.
For existing repairs
To follow up on an existing repair phone 01903 737840.
You are responsible for insuring the contents of your home.
You do not need to take out building insurance as your property is covered by our building insurance policy.
If the internal structure of your property is damaged as a result of specific incidents, such as fire, water leaks or building subsidence, you can make a claim against the building insurance policy.
Please view the summary of cover [pdf] 214KB, a full copy of the policy wording and schedule is available on request from our insurance officer.
All new claims should be notified without delay to our insurance officer by emailing email@example.com.
The claim details will then be forwarded to the insurer, Protector Insurance, who will correspond directly with you or your nominated representative regarding your claim.