Read the latest Arun at Home and previous editions

I-Housing for Leaseholders

I-Housing for leaseholders is on the way, but not quite ready yet. In the meantime, you can find all the information you need in our Leaseholder Handbook  (please note this is currently being revised) and you can still make a payment using our online form.

Please see Privacy Notice Leaseholders.

Make a Payment

You can go to our online form and make a payment at anytime.  You can also download a direct debit mandate to set up a direct debit with us:

Leasehold LHCHGS Direct Debit Mandate.Form2017.pdf [pdf] 121KB

Arun District Council Bank Account

Please be aware that the Council’s bank account changed from HSBC to Lloyds in March. 

Lloyds account details are:

Lloyds Bank



The old HSBC has now closed and any payments made to the old account will be returned.


Please remember that the council is only responsible for keeping the structure and outside of your leasehold property repaired. You will soon be able to request a repair via I-Housing, but for now you can visit our repairs page for more information, or email us at, or call us on 01903 737827.

Changes in circumstances

Please let us know about any changes to your circumstances by using our Leasehold change of circumstances form

Smoke and carbon monoxide alarm legislation

Please read our  smoke and carbon monoxide alarm legislation  web page to see the latest on leaseholder responsibilities following some changes in legislation.

Gas safety

When you become a leaseholder you are responsible for carrying out an annual gas safety by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer. Leaseholders who sublet their property are legally responsible for ensuring that all gas appliances provided by them for their tenants are safety checked every year by a qualified Gas Safe registered engineer.

For further information please visit

Leaseholder Handbook

The Leaseholder Handbook can be viewed here: 01-07-21 Leaseholders Tenants Handbook.pdf [pdf] 3MB  .  it has lots of helpful information about your responsibilities and ours, ways to pay and what to do if you need a repair.

It may help you to go straight to the page you need. Use the "Page Up" and "Page Down" keys on your computer keyboard to move quickly to the right place.

Leaseholder Responsibilities - pages 6-9

Landlord Responsibilities - page 9

Buildings Insurance - pages 11 and 27

Charges - pages 11-12

Repairs - pages 12-13, plus there's more information on our Housing Repairs page.

Planned Maintenance - pages 13-14

How to Pay - page 14, or go straight to our online form.

Selling your property - page 22

FAQs - pages 23-26

Useful Contacts - page 27

Buildings Insurance

As the owner of the freehold of your building the Council needs to make sure that it is properly insured in accordance with the conditions of your lease. We do this by insuring your building on a block policy which provides cover for all flats and maisonettes in which we have sold a leasehold interest under Right to Buy scheme. Please view the summary of cover [pdf] 101KB, a full copy of the policy wording and schedule is available on request from our Insurance Officer.

All new claims should be notified without delay to our Insurance Officer by emailing: The claim details will then be forwarded to the insurer, Protector Insurance, who will correspond directly with you or your nominated representative regarding your claim.