Cemeteries regulations - 12. Privacy notice
This privacy notice relates to the following documents:
- Notice of Interment
- Purchase of Grave
- Form of Application of Right to Erect a Memorial and to cut an inscription or to cut an additional Inscription on existing Memorial
What information is being collected
- We shall be asking you for …
- Exclusive Right of Burial owner.
- Names and address of applicant if they are not the Exclusive Right of Burial owner.
- The parent’s name and address details for a stillborn child.
- The details of the particular persons to be buried; name, date of death, age, address and profession.
Why we collect this information
The data collected is used to administer the Cemeteries Service, which includes the purchase/transfer of the Exclusive Right of Burial, memorial applications, and general Cemeteries maintenance enquiries to maintain a safe and welcoming condition.
We SHALL NOT share your information with any external party for marketing or promotional purposes.
Who we might share your information with
- We may share your personal information with …
- Contractors such as Tivoli Services
- Monumental Masons
- Funeral directors
All external agencies shall not share your information with any other party or use it for any other purpose.
What we do with your information
- We shall …
- Use this information to keep in contact with you.
- Use this information to provide the Cemeteries related services that you are requesting, examples include: processing Exclusive Right of Burial purchases and transfers and memorial applications.
How long we shall keep your information
- Personal Data relating to the Exclusive Right of Burial, memorials and internments shall be held indefinitely in accordance with Burial Law.
- Personal Data relating to general enquires shall be retained for no longer than 3 years.
What rights do you have
You do have some legal rights in respect of the personal information we collect from you. Please see our website for further details https://www.arun.gov.uk/terms-and-conditions
You can also contact the Council’s Data Protection Officer on:
Tel: 01903 737610
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, you should raise your concern with us in the first instance or directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/