Infrastructure Funding Statement
We publish an Infrastructure Funding Statement (IFS) which shows how much money has been raised and how it has been spent in the previous year. This includes both CIL and section 106 income. It also states which infrastructure projects will be, or may be, funded wholly or partly by CIL.
We must publish our IFS online by 31 December each year. The IFS must cover the previous year from 1 April to 31 March.
The Infrastructure Funding Statement is made up of:
- a CIL report relating to the previous financial year on the Community Infrastructure Levy
- a section 106 report relating to the previous financial year on section 106 planning obligations
- an infrastructure list reporting on the infrastructure projects or types of infrastructure that the authority intends to fund wholly or partly by the CIL (excluding the neighbourhood portion)
View our latest IFS which covers the period 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022: Arun IFS 21-22 [pdf] 1MB
Our IFS should also be read alongside the West Sussex County Council IFS for a full picture of section 106 developer contributions paid and received.
Town and Parish CIL Monitoring Reports
View the Town or Parish CIL Monitoring reports to see how CIL is being spent at a local level.
Barnham and Eastergate Parish Council
Developer contributions data
Developer contributions include section 106 planning obligations, the Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL), section 278 agreements and any agreements that either secure funding towards new development or provide infrastructure as part of any new development.
It is recommended that local planning authorities that have received developer contributions publish their data on a regular basis, at least once a year, and in an agreed format. This provides for transparency and accountability at the level of individual obligations.
Developer contributions data must be entered in 3 separate CSV (spreadsheet) files:
- Developer agreements: listing all the legal agreements securing contributions from a development for infrastructure or affordable housing, and all the demand notices issued for CIL (this data can link you straight to the planning documents including the S106 Planning agreement or CIL documentation)
- Developer agreement contributions: listing the individual obligations/sums within an agreement, assigned to particular purposes, as well as the split in the CIL contribution purposes, or the CIL amounts issued in Demand Notices
- Developer agreement transactions: listing whether the contribution has been received, allocated, transferred, spent or returned (please be aware that some amounts will have more than 1 transaction against them)
These links will download the latest CSV data file.
View a more detailed report of S106 and CIL funding transactions (Statuses as at 14 November 2022)
Reports to show the very latest status of s106 funds secured, received and funds allocated, spent, transferred or refunded and CIL funds secured, received and amounts transferred to parish or town councils.
- S106 Funding Status Transactions as at 14112022 [xlsx] 77KB
- CIL Funding Status Transactions as at 14112022 [xlsx] 21KB
IFS for the period 1 April 2020 to 31 March 2021
IFS for the period 1 April 2019 to 31 March 2020
- Arun IFS 2019-20 [pdf] 528KB
- Appendix 1 - Obligations entered into in year 2019-20 [pdf] 509KB
- Appendix 2 - Obligations paid in year 2019-20 [pdf] 456KB
- Appendix 3 - Non monetary summary details 2019-20 [pdf] 86KB
- Appendix 3a - Non-monetary affordable housing units to be provided [pdf] 437KB
- Appendix 4 - Obligations allocated in year 2019-20 [pdf] 566KB
- Appendix 5 - Obligations spent in year 2019-20 [pdf] 454KB
- Appendix 6 - IFS NHS Letter [pdf] 283KB
Archive of files with dates
developer-agreement_20221110 [csv] 26KB
developer-agreement-transaction_20221110 [csv] 16KB
developer-agreement-contribution_20221110 [csv] 47KB
developer-agreement_20210922 [csv] 18KB
developer-agreement-contribution_20210922 [csv] 30KB
developer-agreement-transaction_20210922 [csv] 41KB
Developer agreement 20210201 [csv] 13KB
Developer agreement contribution 20210201 [csv] 21KB
Developer agreement transaction 20210201 [csv] 4KB
Please note: data on developer contributions and IFS reports is imperfect, represents estimates at a given point in time, and can be subject to change. The data published above is the most robust available at the time, will always be a snapshot at that moment in time.
Please be aware that the above data files of agreements and contributions only show agreements and contributions data on s106 agreements signed from 1 April 2019 onwards. The transactions data file now includes entries relating to s106 received prior to 1 April 2019 where money is still to be spent (this is due to us carrying out back entry of data since our first IFS last year - 2019/20).
All data files contain the agreement, contribution and transaction data under CIL, as we only became a CIL collecting authority from 1 April 2020.