Community Infrastructure Levy
Community Infrastructure Levy - 2019 update
Arun CIL March 2019 update
Community Infrastructure Levy - 2019 (Regulation 16) Publication Notification
Arun District Council has prepared a Draft Charging Schedule (DCS) in order to prepare a Community Infrastructure Levy (CIL).
It has been prepared in light of comments received on the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS) which were presented to Planning Policy Sub-Committee on 27th February 2019. [Click here for the committee agenda and see Item 12.]
It should be noted that, a change was made to the response to PDCS20 in the summary of responses to the Preliminary Draft Charging Schedule (PDCS). The most up to date version is provided here (all other comments and responses remain the same as set out in the committee papers of 27th February 2019):
- Summary of Arun CIL PDCS Consultation Representations revised 010319.pdf [pdf] 68KB
- Response to PDCS19.pdf [pdf] 493KB
The DCS will be formally published for public consultation on 21st March 2019 alongside the appropriate available evidence used to prepare the DCS.
The consultation will run from 21st March 2019 until 5pm on 2nd May 2019.
Further consultation details can be found in the Statement of Representation Procedure:
- Statement of Representation Procedure and Deposit Points.pdf [pdf] 148KB (Regulation 16 Publication Notification and Regulation 17 Statement of Representations Procedure)
As set out in the Statement of Representation procedure, there are a number of ways that you can respond to the CIL DCS 2019 consultation:
- The preferred method, via the Objective consultation portal: http://arun.objective.co.uk/portal
- By using the Representation Form and emailing it to email@example.com
- Using the Representation Form (provided below and at the deposit points listed in the Statement of Representation Procedure) and posting it to Local Plan Team, Planning Policy and Conservation, Arun District Council, Civic Centre, Maltravers Road, Littlehampton, BN17 5LF
As set out in the Statement of Representation Procedure document above, hard copies of the Consultation Document (the DCS) and the Relevant Evidence base are available at all libraries in Arun District, outside the South Downs National Park and at the Arun Civic Centre, Littlehampton and Bognor Regis Town Hall. Electronic versions are available below:
The documents below provide links to all of the consultation documents:
Please note, the Infrastructure Funding Gap Update 2019 has been updated due to the identification of an error in paragraph 2.3 and Table 1. The resultant consequential modifications will therefore need to be made to paragraph 5.4 and Table 5.1 of the Arun Draft Charging Schedule. This is detailed within the Funding Gap Update Amendment April 2019 report provided below.
- ADC Draft Charging Schedule March 2019.pdf [pdf] 1MB
- Regulation 123 list.pdf [pdf] 218KB
- Infrastructure Capacity Study and Delivery Plan 2017.pdf [pdf] 512KB
- CIL Viability Update 2018.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- Arun CIL Viability Update 2018 Appendices only [pdf] 6MB
- CIL Viability Update Appendix 4 A3.pdf [pdf] 4MB
- Local Plan Viability Assessment Update Report only 2017.pdf [pdf] 5MB
- Local Plan Viability Assessment Update Appendices only 2017.pdf [pdf] 3MB
- CIL DCS Funding Gap Update Amendment April 2019.pdf [pdf] 374KB
- CIL DCS Infrastructure Update Note April 2019.pdf [pdf] 351KB
- Infrastructure Funding Gap Update March 2019.PDF [pdf] 370KB
Please find a representation form and privacy notice below:
- Statement of Representation Procedure and Deposit Points.pdf [pdf] 148KB
- Comment Form ADC DCS March_2019.docx [docx] 73KB
- Privacy Notice DCS.pdf [pdf] 47KB
Please also find below a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) Paper which can be updated as further questions are submitted in relation to CIL:
What Happens Next?
If any changes to the DCS are necessary as a result of the consultation, the charging authority must prepare a ‘Statement of Modifications’.
The submission version of the DCS alongside a ‘Statement of Modifications’ (if required) will be taken through a formal decision making process. Subject to approval, the DCS will be formally submitted for Examination.
Upon submission, there will be a representation period to allow for comments on the ‘Statement of Modifications’ (if required). Any representations at this stage will be sent to the Examiner for consideration.
The timetable to examination and adoption of a charging schedule is set out in the Local Development Scheme adopted by the Council on 9 January 2019 and subsequently uploaded to the Council’s web site.
Please use our online Geographical Information System (GIS) to view the council's proposed CIL Charging Zones. The map also includes parish boundary information Please see the instructions below to find out how to use the mapping system:
- You can simply click on the map to identify the zone classification
- Or, search for your property by full address or postcode, in the box centred above the map window.
- Once you have located your property in this box click on the address.
- This will centre the map over your selection and put a pin on the property
- To see the information relating to this property use the drop down menu called “What would you like to do?” and select “Local Knowledge”
Community Infrastructure Levy - archive 2015