Arun Safety Advisory Group
The Arun SAG provides a forum for discussing and advising on public safety at events within our district. The group does not have any legal powers, but can provide expert advice.
The responsibility for the management of the event and the legal duties for ensuring public safety always remain with the event organiser.
The SAG brings together relevant partners to plan and prepare for the event in a co-ordinated way.
The core membership has representatives from:
- Arun District Council Licensing
- Arun District Council Environmental Health
- Sussex Police
- West Sussex Fire and Rescue Service
- West Sussex NHS PCT
- West Sussex Ambulance Service
- Arun District Council Building Control
- Arun District Council Emergency Planning
- Arun District Council Legal
- West Sussex Highways
- Maritime Coastguard Agency
Representatives from other services or bodies may be invited to meetings where required.
Objectives of the SAG
- promote good practice in safety and welfare planning for events
- promote high levels of safety and welfare at events by giving advice and guidance
- ensure events cause minimal impact or inconvenience to local residents, businesses and the general public
- allow for effective planning to facilitate less intensive monitoring and inspection
- support businesses and organisers by having a single point of contact for the event and consistent professional advice and guidance
- share good practice
Your event may be the subject of a SAG meeting if it:
- has a large planned attendance
- requires road closures
- requires structures being erected
- contains high risk activities like firework displays
We will let you know if a SAG meeting is required.